Monday, December 5, 2011
Personal Learning Networks
Wow, I know I have said this over and over this semester, but I am amazed at how many different technology tools are available for use in the classroom. There are many different technologies I would use in my personal learning networks. These tools are tools we have learned to use in this course. This is because these are most of the networks I know now how to use now thanks to this course (other than Facebook of course). Some technologies I would use for personal learning networks include: Facebook; Twitter; Google Docs; Google Plus; blogs; wiki spaces; and webpages. These are all great technologies that can be used to network with other professionals for learning. Of course, there are issues of these tools that need to be considered prior to using them in education. These issues include policies, confidentiality, knowledge, and buy in just to name a few. Technology is great but these issues need to be resolved prior to their use in education. I am planning to continue to grow the use of my technology tools from what I have learned in this course. This has been awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am also amazed at the technology that can be used. I also leaned how to use many of these items just from this class! Now we need to be creative and use them in our classrooms. You point out some great issues on technology in the classroom. Some day it will all be resolved, right?! Great post! :)
ReplyDeleteI have started a binder of ideas for implementing technology! I really like the idea of using Google Docs for group work. Each student could use a different color font with their contributions. It's a great way to "see" the workload so one student isn't stuck with all the work.
ReplyDeleteI have kind of done what Jamie has done. I created a board on my pinterest page for all of the tools we have learned about. I can't wait to implement them into my teachings!
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the things you said. I also agree that this class has been the catalyst I needed to actually start implementing these things in my class. Having to actually participate and use these new technologies make it seem so much easier to use in the classroom. Kids in my classes just this semester have created google sites, glogs, prezi's, and they are now blogging. It is incredible!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea - posting on pinterest. I would also suggest looking into ning. It seems fairly intuitive and user friendly.
ReplyDelete